I just got back from a spring break get-away to San Francisco, CA with my best friend. We both had an AMAZING time eating, drinking and exploring unnnnntilll we both got hit with a nasty stomach bug Thursday…yeah, major bummer. Anyways, after a week off from working out and consuming ALL the rich food (followed by nothing but flat Coke and saltines), I am more than ready to get back to my normal healthy routine.
To do so, I immediately hit the grocery store and prepped a couple nutritious dishes to have on hand throughout the week. I previously posted some basic meal prepping guidelines and ideas here, but thought it would be beneficial to show you what that means through a real life example.
Pictured above is everything I prepped yesterday including:
- Half recipe of Italian turkey meatloaf muffins (recipe coming SOON!)
- 2 baked sweet potatoes
- Roasted brussel sprouts with lemon, garlic and Parmesan
- 1 large chicken breast
- Cut and washed fresh fruit (un-pictured)
Potential meal ideas using these items include the following:
- Meatloaf + brussel sprouts + fruit
- Eggs/Omelet + sweet potato
- Chicken breast + sweet potato + brussel sprouts
- Wrap w/chicken, cheese and veggies + fresh fruit
- Salad w/grilled chicken + crackers
This goes to show that you don’t have to eat the same thing everyday when you make food in advance. In fact, it allows you to get a little more creative with the items you have already cooked! Preparing all of this took me a total of 1½ hours which isn’t long at all given the longer cooking time for the sweet potatoes and meatloaf. Hopefully this inspires you to do your own meal prep and gives you some helpful ideas!